So I found this on a friends' blog and thought it was a great idea, so I'm gonna copy it, cause thats what I do. I'm hoping to do it everyday but it might be every other day, we'll see. I think during these times is so easy to forget all the good in our lives so if you feel like doing it as well, here are the instructions, straight from her blog...
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: each day during the month of November I will be blogging (some prefer to send out mass emails to their friends) about three "things" for which i am grateful. the term "things" is used to encompass a myriad of stuff including, but not limited to: a certain set of circumstances, an event, an inanimate object distinguished from a living being, possessions or effects, a deed or act, a product of work or activity, an idea or notion, a piece of news or information, a person, a memory, anything that makes you smile. !!the challenge is to come up with three ORIGINAL "things" each day. try not to repeat entries!!
The blogs should be posted by midnight each night. if you miss a day or two, no biggie, but you have to make it up, no skipping! yes, this may mean accessing your email or blog accounts on a much more regular basis for some of you.
WARNING OF POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS! please note that challenge participation may result in any or all of the following:
- you will be surprised at all the Lord has done for you
- you will feel help and comfort
- you may find yourself singing as the days go by
- your doubts will fly
And to start off here are my three things:
1. I am so grateful for this awesome house we have to live in right now. My aunt and uncle built a spec house and are trying to sell it so we are living in it til it sells, to take care of it and keep it clean. Seriously, this opportunity could not have come at a better time. A week after we moved in, Brennon decided to quit his job, and start a business with some friends. So there is no way we could have done this if it wasn't for being able to live in this house.
2. The fact that my teachers have taken pity on us and not given any major homework assignments this week. I have been feeling a bit overloaded lately so its nice to have a little break.
3. A husband who keeps me from going crazy. If I'm ever stressed out or upset, he always has something positive to say. I'll admit, it annoys me at the time because I just want him to be mad with me, but really it is such a big blessing in my life. He always has a sunny outlook on life and I'm hoping It'll rub off on me someday.
So get on it everyone! I'm already feeling happy! :)