Thursday, September 20, 2007

TMJ- What the crap.

So I just found out/concluded that I have TMJ. You know, the thing where you grind your teeth at night. Oh, so thats why I have headaches everyday and immense pain in my jaw and teeth area! So basically I have to wear a mouth guard at night which is really sexy. My mom now has reason for "I told you so's". If I would have got braces, like she said, and looked like a dork for a couple years this would not be happening. Mom's are always right.


So it is a constant battle trying not to grind my teeth like even during the day. I guess I just never realized that I did it. I guess this is my punishment for having basically perfect health my whole life. Oh and the whole headache thing. Being with 2 million 2 year olds a day doesn't reall help. I've just gotta get a years supply of IB profen and I'll be fine. (Kristal, don't let Jason read that.)


Alot of complaining on this blog as of late. Sorry. I love my life.


9 comments:

Amy John said...

Hey, just pop out a couple kids and your headaches will go away.

Anonymous said...

Thats when the true headaches begin, beleive me, I have PERFECT (am I right Dani?) children and they still give me headaches, ulcers, wrinkles, cellulite, muffin top, grey hairs and other unmentionables.

I TOLD YOU TO GET BRACES, MISS SELF CONFIDENT WITHOUT PERFECT BRACE TEETH!

Now come home and let us rub your feet and head and jaw.
Love,
MOM

Amy John said...

What is a muffin top??

Unknown said...

I can fit back into my jeans, but theres a roll that goes over the top, just like muffins. Everything in my life has some hidden food meaning

Jenna said...

I have TMJ too. the doctor told me that forever ago but told me not toc call it that becuase people will laugh at me becuase i guess its a joke or something.... I still don't know what he was talking about....

Kristal said...

Um, have an eleven pounder naturally and other parts will hurt soo badly you will never notice your headaches again!!!

dani said...

Thanks mom. I knew I should have listened to you.

Ha ha Jenna, do you wear a mouth guard at night as well? We should start a club.

And kris, I think ill just stick with the headaches.

Bianca said...

Wearing a mouth guard at night is a good idea. It will definitely help a lot in relieving your headache's and joint pain. And BTW, you're right: mouth guards at night are really sexy! LOL!

Kevin Durant said...

I completely relate to your struggle with TMJ. It's frustrating to deal with such a common problem, especially when it affects our daily life. The mouthguard at night can definitely be a challenge, but it's worth it in the long run to protect your teeth and jaw. I hope the ibuprofen helps with the headaches and pain. Hang in there!